TCLoc Admissions Criteria and Application Process
The TCLoc Master’s is Designed for:
- Professionals working in the fields of translation/localization, technical communication, technical writing, multimedia, IT or languages, who wish to further their skills and obtain a master’s degree
- Students with an academic background (e.g. Modern Languages graduates), eager to evolve in the professional domains of technical communication and localization
Are you interested in applying to the TCLoc Master's?
- A high level of fluency in English
- Good computer science skills
- Keen interest in the program contents
- High level of motivation and strong work ethic
Selection is based on academic and professional merit as well as motivation and potential for growth in the TCLoc areas of study.
Candidates can qualify for admission on the basis of accredited achievements if they possess:
- A degree equivalent to four years of higher education (240 ECTS in the European system) or
- A validation of knowledge acquired through experience (VAPP) – for applicants without a university degree but who have been working for at least three years in one of the fields covered in the program (technical communication, information engineering, translation, project management, multimedia, web design, etc.)
Candidates should possess a high level of fluency in English. This requirement will be evaluated during the application process. No language certificate is required, although candidates who do have one should include it in their application.
The VAPP (Validation des Acquis Professionnels, or Accreditation of Acquired Experience) provides opportunities for professionals to continue their education and obtain a higher level of academic qualification, even if they do not have the degree or years of study stipulated in program entry requirements.
The VAPP can qualify prospective students to register for a validation of their prior studies, professional experience and personal performance track record. Exemption from entry requirements is based on demonstration of professional knowledge and will be evaluated by an authorized jury.
How to Apply for the VAPP
When filling out the TCLoc Master’s application form, please make sure to indicate that you would like to apply for the VAPP. We will then send you the VAPP application form and guide you through the validation process.
On the VAPP application form, you will need to demonstrate that you have acquired particular expertise in TCLoc-related domains as a result of professional experience and/or personal background. Please describe specific areas of knowledge and/or skills that you believe qualify you to register for the TCLoc Master’s.
Once you have completed the VAPP application form, please attach all supporting documents related to your professional experience and/or personal background.
Your application form will be examined in a timely manner by our teaching committee.
How to Apply to TCLoc
- Integrated program: € 5 059
- For applicants with a tekom Technical Communicator (tekom Europe) or Technischer Redakteur (tekom Deutschland) certification: € 3 876
- Modularized learning: please contact us for more details
Fee Payment Policy
Registration, teaching materials, software licenses, online and on-campus seminars, exams, diploma, and certification are all included in the fee.
- Company financing: company financing fees are to be made in single payments.
- Individual financing: individual financing payments are to be made in 5 installments.
Need Based Aid (Fee Reduction)
Students with financial difficulties interested in applying to our master’s can apply for a need-based fee reduction. Proof of financial situation must be provided and will be evaluated by a committee in order to determine eligibility for need-based fee reduction.
Please contact us for more details.