TCLoc Admissions and Application Process
The TCLoc Master’s is Designed for:
- Professionals working in the field of translation, localization, technical communication, technical writing, multimedia, IT, or languages, and
- Students who want to pursue a career in technical communication and localization.
TCLoc offers distance-learning courses on a Moodle Learning Platform. It was created for students interested in continuing their education. The program schedule is flexible and designed for part-time study. The weekly workload is estimated at about 15 hours.
Are you interested in the TCLoc Master's program?
Some requirements for studying TCLOC
- A high level of fluency in English,
- Good computer literacy skills,
- A keen interest in the program contents, and
- A strong work ethic.
Selection is based on academic and professional merit, as well as motivation and potential for growth in the TCLoc areas of study.
Candidates can qualify for admission if they have:
- A degree equivalent to four years of higher education (corresponding to 240 ECTS in the European system), or
- A validation of knowledge acquired through experience (VAPP, detailed below) – for applicants without a university degree who have been working for at least three years in one of the fields covered in the program (technical communication, information engineering, translation, project management, multimedia, web design, etc.).
As previously mentioned, candidates should be highly fluent in English. This will be evaluated during the application process. Please note that no prior language certification is required, however candidates who do have such accreditation, should include it in their application file.
Validation of Acquired Professional and Personal Experience (VAPP)
Students lacking the number of credits or the degree required for registration in the second year of a master’s degree can apply for VAPP (Validation des Acquis Professionnels et Personnels – Decree No. 2013-756 of 19 August 2013).
VAPP allows prospective students to receive recognition for prior studies and professional experience. A candidate’s acquired experience can therefore serve as substitutes for traditional university accreditation. In order to benefit from VAPP, a candidate should be able to provide proof of his/her professional experience. Furthermore, the VAPP process is presided over by an authorized academic jury that deliberates on the documents provided by the candidate.
How to Apply for the VAPP
When completing the TCLoc application form, please indicate that you would like to apply for VAPP. We will then send you the VAPP application form and guide you through the validation process.
On the VAPP application form, you will need to demonstrate that you have acquired particular expertise in TCLoc-related domains as a result of professional experience and/or personal background. Please describe specific areas of knowledge and skills that you believe qualify you to register for the TCLoc Master’s.
Once you have completed the VAPP application form, please attach all supporting documents related to your professional experience and/or personal background.
Your application form will be examined in a timely manner by an academic jury.
How to Apply to TCLoc
For more information please
We are now open for admissions! Apply today!
- Step 1: Complete the online application.
- Step 2: Specify whether you are applying for VAPP (see above). This step involves completing a separate application form.
- Step 3: After an initial short-listing phase, you will be invited for a Skype interview.
- Step 4: Complete and submit registration form.
- Step 5: Course starts in January 2019.
- TCLoc Master’s program: € 5 059
- TCLoc Master’s program for applicants with a tekom Technical Communicator (tekom Europe), or Technischer Redakteur (tekom Deutschland), certification: € 3 876
- Modularized TCLoc Master’s program: please contact us for more details
The following services are all included in the proposed tuition fees:
- Teaching materials,
- Software licenses,
- Online and on-campus seminars,
- Printing of degree certificates, and
- Degree certification.
- Company financing: company financing fees are to be made in single payments.
- Individual financing: individual financing payments are to be made in 5 installments.
Applicants with financial difficulties may be eligible for fee reduction. To access this aid, an applicant should provide proof of his/her financial situation. The documents submitted by the applicant will then be evaluated by a committee to determine whether he/she is eligible for fee reduction.
Please note that fee reduction is subject to the number of requests we receive.